Searching databases with GCG and others

unknown at unknown at
Mon Jan 17 05:03:14 EST 1994

>Is it possible to search PIR or other databases for sequence from a
>specific size (or a size range) from GCG? I also tried with gopher and
>keywords like #Length 300 but it doesn't work (and how to specify a range
>with gopher ?)

This should be easily done with ATLAS, the retrieval system from PIR. The
SELECT command is done for that.

  Jean-Loup Risler                      Tel:  (33 1) 69 82 31 34
  CNRS		                        Fax:  (33 1) 69 07 49 73
  Centre de Genetique Moleculaire	Email: risler at
  91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  France