Authorin

douglas l feinstein dlfeins at cumc.cornell.edu
Sat Jan 22 14:18:45 EST 1994

Subject: Authorin
From: Nigel Douglas, n-dougla at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 1994 18:55:03 GMT
In article <1994Jan21.185503.20103 at crc.ac.uk> Nigel Douglas,
n-dougla at nimr.mrc.ac.uk writes:
>We are trying to submit some sequences using the authorin 3.0 package
for the
>mac.  We have
>dutifully filled in all the forms but when we try to create a submission
it crashes out
>flashing the error messasge "Can't find root tree file" or something.
The
>error message goes
>so fast it is hard to read.  The we are using version 3 obtained from
IUBI

>We tried the sample file but got the same result.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas of what we are doing wrong.

__________

Make absolutely sure that when you edited the ncbi.cnf file, you typed in
your hard disk name EXACTLY right. I left out a space between 2 words and
the program gave same error message.
	Also, you can call the folks at NCBI, they were pretty helpful for me.

Doug Feinstein
Doug Feinstein																	 |  Voice:   212 570-2900
Dept Neurobiology															|	Fax:      212 988-3672
Cornell University Medical College    |  E-mail: dlfeins at cumc.cornell.edu
We're not the best at what we do, but we're the only ones who do it...