Help!

Jawhar Bouabid bouabj at jec3210-15.its.rpi.edu
Mon Jan 24 13:05:19 EST 1994

 I am sending this for a friend who does not have access to Newsgroups,
 please send replies directly to him. I hope I am posting it to the
 right newsgroups.
Dear netters

I am currently doing a research about barcodes in industry. I am particularly
interested by a barcode system called Europeen Article number (EAN). This EAN
uses 13 digits. The first 2 are called flag zone and is 2 digits long. The
next 10 digits are used for article code number and the last one digit is used
as an error check digit. I need to know if possible the algorithm used to
compute the error checking digit in this EAN 13 barcode standard.

Also I would appreciate any additional info about a similar barcode called
EAN 8 and Alpha 39 and the famous UPC used in the USA.

Please Email me your answer to this address:

	root at fseg2.fsegsfax.tn or turki at fseg2.fsegsfax.tn

Thanks a million

Regards,

Boubaker Turki