Bacterial taxonomy

Vernon Coyne vernon at micro.uct.ac.za
Tue Jan 25 08:17:47 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

I was wondering whether any of you out there know of software (pc) which
allows one to identify bacteria based on their physical and biochemical
characteristics.  In other words, the software functions as a taxonomic key.
I am interested in both commercial and shareware programs.  Any assistance in
this regard will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Vernon

| Dr. Vernon E. Coyne,                                               |
| Microbiology Department,            Tel: (27-21) 650-3259/70       |
| University of Cape Town,            Fax: (27-21) 650-4023          |
| Private Bag,                        E-mail: vernon at micro.uct.ac.za |
| Rondebosch, 7700                                                   |
| South Africa                                                       |