Software to find promoter/repressor binding sites in sequences?

Joe Mack mack at
Fri Jan 28 13:33:05 EST 1994

In article <2hs4opINN5r0 at> grady at (W. Grady Campbell) writes:
>      I would like to know of programs on a DOS or VMS platform that
>will find potential sites of interest in the promoter regions in DNA
>sequences. In particular, I am interested in finding potential hormone

This is a difficult problem, because what is really needed is for someone
to compileand keep updated a list of these things. Any DNA comparing
program  can handle the rest of it. I believe the gcc package now has
a data base (called sometihng like translist.dat) that you run against
your DNA. Contact your local gcc site and see what they have to say.

	Joe Mack
	mack at