GCG and X-windows

Doc Martin pkmartin at netcom9.netcom.com
Wed Jul 6 11:32:32 EST 1994

In article <CsHotF.Fv3 at news.cis.umn.edu> nrd at insitu.med.umn.edu (Neal Dalton) writes:

( text deleted )

>: so far been unable to get in contact with the original poster.  Any comments
>: or suggestions for other (if any) X interfaces for GCG also appreciated.
>
>It was on our CD, perhaps in the unsupported or contrib.  Now it is
>gcgcore/script/gcgnav.  It uses tcl and they supply a wish executable.
>Wish is pretty old and it doesn't work with the latest version.

i just loaded GCG 7.3 on a Sparc running Solaris 2.3 (SunOS 5.3) and
everything, including wish, works fine.  we have the Sun on a local
network and everyone can access the window front-end from their
desktop Macintoshes using the MacX package.

the gcgnav support is located in "gcg/gcginterim" from the latest CD
distribution.  the documentation indicates that in the future, gcgnav
will be unsupported in preference to a Motif-based interface.

.doc