Problems compiling Fasta and Blast under Linux

Sebastian W. Bunka seb at i102pc1.vu-wien.ac.at
Fri Jul 8 02:59:45 EST 1994

Les Grivell (les at amc.uva.nl) wrote:
: Has anyone successfully compiled Fasta and or Blast under Linux?
:
: LOT OF STUFF DELETED
Sorry, I've no answer for you!
But propably you might check the dna workbench for your
blasta and fasta searches (and Genbank searches) over the net ( no
local databases required).
It works fine on my linux box.
However, I had to do some hand-work/fine tuning. If you're
interested, I can send you my installation; just email me.

You can find this Perl program at:
 ftp cbil.humgen.upenn.edu  @ /pub/dnaworkbench/unix/dnaworkbench (260kb)

Cheers, Sebastian

                      [ Sebastian.Bunka at vu-wien.ac.at ]
                        phone:                   FAX:
                +43-1-71155260          +43-1-7149110
Location: earth, europe, austria, vienna  Inst. of Bacteriology  Vet.Univ.