Pasword Protection Software for the PC

wadde001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu wadde001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Fri Jul 8 11:16:45 EST 1994

Greetings Netters (again),

I posted this request yesterday, but under a totally non-related subject.
Please accept my appologies and let me try again.

Can anyone out there in Net Land recommend a simple (and preferably
inexpensive) password protection program for a DOS machine. All it has to
do is prevent the computer from booting from the hard disk until a password
has been entered from the keyboard. Security doesn't have to be really
tight, most of the people around the area would be scared off by a good
beep!

Some machines let you password protect in the BIOS, but the one we need to
protect naturally doesn't.

If enough people are interested, I'll post a summary of responses.

Thanks in advance.
|       Dr. James Waddell           | Phone: (612) 625-3118       |
| Clinical and Population Sciences  | Fax:   (612) 625-1210       |
|  College of Veterinary Medicine   | Office: 385g An Sci/Vet Med |
|      University of Minnesota      |         1988 Fitch Avenue   |
|                                   |         St. Paul, MN  55108 |