Predicting coiled-coils from protein sequences

Alex Knight alex at
Wed Jul 13 03:55:57 EST 1994

In article <1994Jul12.191429.7341 at> Arun Malhotra,
malhota at writes:
>I am looking for software to predict Coiled-Coils given a protein
>Is this available as an option in any pubic-domain or commercial package?

I have written an implementation of the algorithm of Lupas, Van Dyke and
Stock [Science 252:1162-1164 (1991)] which runs on the Macintosh. It is
still experimental, but if anyone would like to try it out I am willing
to distribute copies by E-mail. If you wish to request the program, just
include the word "macstripe" on your subject line.

Alex Knight                           alex at
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK