new SRS-WWW databank browser

Jerry Learn learn at smaug.ucr.edu
Thu Jul 14 10:57:25 EST 1994

In article 11490 at reks.uia.ac.be, przemko at reks.uia.ac.be (Przemko) writes:
>In article <30261q$3ji at galaxy.ucr.edu> learn at smaug.ucr.edu writes:
>>In article 171411 at eros.embl-heidelberg.de, etzold at embl-heidelberg.de writes:
>>><TITLE>
>>>     Announcement of the SRSWWW Browser for Databanks in Molecular Biology
>>></TITLE>
>>>
>>><A HREF="http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/srs/srsc">
>>>
>>>There is now a new system for searching more than 20 molecular biology
>>>databanks (EMBL, SwissProt, PIR, PDB, Prosite ...).
>>>
>>Sounds interesting but all I got was:
>>
>>Error 404
>>
>>Not found - file doesn't exist or is read protected [even tried mult]
>>
>>(at 2:03 UCT)
{14 July}

>and I get timed out. No success in connecting either. On the other
>hand I have noticed that trying to connect to Heidelberg is an art
>on its own.
>Przemko

I've had no trouble connecting to the web server so far.  Its URL is:

http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/

But I can't find a link to the SRS Web Server from that page or the pages referenced
there.  I've also tried variations of the posted URL:

http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/srs/srs

http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/srs/srs/

http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/srs/

http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/srs

None of these appear to work either.

Perhaps the Server is not up yet?  Or it's shy?

---
Jerry Learn

Dept. of Botany & Plant Sciences | learn at smaug.ucr.edu | LEARN at UCRVMS.BITNET
University of California         | (909) 787-4673      | FAX: (909) 787-4437
Riverside, CA  92521  USA