Antheprot Software

Peter Gegenheimer peterg at rnaworld.bio.ukans.edu
Wed Jul 20 13:52:08 EST 1994

In a previous post, I said the protein crystal structure display module (PDB viewer) of
Antheprot did not work in an OS/2 DOS session. Another user also had this problem. I have now
gotten it to work, and I THINK I know how. First, run Antheprot as a full-screen DOS session.
Second, create a program object for Antheprot, open up the Settings menu, go to the Settings
menu, and make sure VIDEO_SWITCH_NOTIFICATION is OFF. I didn't see that other settings, varied
individually, had much effect. I could run with the following ON: VIDEO_ROM_EMULATION,
HW_ROM_TO_RAM; and the following OFF: VIDEO_ON_DEMAND_MEMORY, VIDEO_RETRACE_EMULATION. Other
setting seemed not to matter. The PDB viewer BY ITSELF does not require DPMI, EMS, or XMS
memory. One should normally have ca. 2 Mb of EMS and 1 Mb XMS memory anyway.

If you still have problems, send me e-mail. Dr. Deleage doesn't have an OS/2 machine
readily available.

| Peter Gegenheimer                          |  pgegen at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu      |
| Departments of Biochemistry and of Botany  |  voice: 913-864-3939            |
| University of Kansas                       |  FAX  : 913-864-5321            |
| 2045 Haworth Hall                          | "The sleep of reason produces   |
| Lawrence  KS  66045-2106                   |  monsters."              Goya   |