Jeff Nichols jcn at
Thu Jul 28 15:05:56 EST 1994

In article <guest-280794184040 at>, guest at
(Public Mac 5) wrote:

> There are programs that are (almost) free, work quite acceptable up to
> (almost) perfect, and they can be improved by our stimulation of the hard
> work of the authors.
> Now the only thing we have to do is to tell the world how satisfied we are
> with the existence of this kind of software, and the bosses of the authors
> in particular.

> SeqApp is quite a handy tool to do the labour-intensive hand-work for DNA
> analysis.
> I'd say Hurray for the author(s) of NIH-Image and SeqApp.
> Anybody else?

Yes.  Check out the relatively inexpensive DNA Strider from Christian
Phone # 33-1-69 08 46 20, Fax #33-1-69 08 47 12

Batiment 142
Service de Biochimie et de Genetique Moleculaire
Centre d'Etudes de Saclay
F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette CEDEX

And no, this isn't a commercial endorsement or "commercial" forbidden on
net, only a relay of a program which is available for around $200 and may
the answer to people's problem with the expensive alternatives.

Jeff Nichols
Rice University