Field/Lab Acquisition Software

Chris Jones cjones at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Jun 6 16:23:50 EST 1994

I'm a grad student at N.C State University.  Recently I've been involved
in the development of Windows based standardized acquisition software for
several environmental firms.  This led me to wonder if there were similar
products or needs for biologist in the field or the labs?  What type of
software is available to the scientific community?  Is it Windows based?
Is it user friendly and does it follow a Federal or State reporting standard?

Any information regarding the types and avaiability of this type of
software would be greatly appreciated.  I'm particullarly interested in
Federal Reporting requirements and standards.

Thanks in advance, Chris