XStaden and editor problems

Mike Mitchell mike at BISON.LIF.ICNET.UK
Mon Jun 13 03:59:44 EST 1994

We are just setting up Staden on our new machines here and are
encountering a problem with XNIP and XPIP. When you start to edit
a sequence file the programs appear to hang, however if the non-X
versions are run vi starts up properly. I presume that the X
versions are "hanging" because there is no terminal window to edit
in. If :x is typed, then the programs un-freeze. Is there an easy
way to get an X editor to run instead of vi, or is there a way
to get vi to run properly?

Thanx for your time and help.

*Michael Mitchell               *  "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for  *
*User Support                   *   breakfast!"                          *
*Molecular Biology Software     *                                        *
*Imperial Cancer Research Fund  *  Ace Rimmer, Test Pilot Extraordinaire *
*+44 (0)71 269 3115             *          Red Dwarf V, BBC TV           *