All-purpose DNA Program location - ?

191502931 SHIVAKD at Meena.CC.URegina.CA
Sun Jun 19 01:48:33 EST 1994

Could anyone out there point the way towards any decent general purpose
(restriction mapping/sequencing/oligo/expected protein sequence) DNA
freeware or shareware available through FTP?  Preferably Windows-based but
a good DOS program would also be appreciated.  I have no shortage of FTP sites
to check but I have no idea what is good and what is garbage (I am currently
working in a lab with DNAsis, a Mac program, and am looking for something
similar for the DOS based system at home).  Please include FTP site as well
as filename.  Thanks.

Dave Shivak
Undergrad, U of R, Canada