Transmembrane proteins

risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
Mon Jun 20 11:15:31 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

I'd like to compare the *calculated* -with some program- number of
transmembrane segments in membrane proteins with the *known* -or expected-
number of segments.
Thus I need a list of transmembrane proteins together with the number of
segments in each of them.
A search in Swissprot resulted in 5138 (!) transmembrane proteins, but
without the number of segments.

Could somebody point to such a list (or reference to a review) if it exists?

Thank you

Jean-Loup Risler                     Tel:  (33 1) 69 82 31 34
CNRS                                 Fax:  (33 1) 69 07 49 73
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire	     Email: risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  France