Stefan Engstrom stefan at ra.UCSC.EDU
Tue Mar 1 14:52:02 EST 1994

Bhavin Mehta (mehta at chargers.ent.ohiou.edu) wrote:
> Does any one know what is a miff format. It is screen capture on the sun
> workstations. Can I convert from miff to any of the more general formats
> like tiff, gif, rgb, targa or pcx. If any one knows the exact file format
> for MIFF I can write a small conversion program to TIFF. Or if any one
> out there knows of a program which does this. Is there a public domain
> program which can be used on the sun w/s to capture the screen under
> x-windows in the tiff, gif, pcx or targa formats?

MIFF is the native format for the ImageMagick package mentioned in the
other current file format conversion topic. MIFF allows for a lot of
structure (multiple scenes, various kinds of compression) => I would
recommend getting the ImageMagick package after which you can convert
it to any of the abovementioned formats..
Regarding x-windows dumps - you can convert them too ;-)

     O          stefan at lick.ucsc.edu (Stefan Engstrom)          o