Thon de Boer deboer at
Tue Mar 1 12:36:22 EST 1994

Joachim Heymer (nexejhey at wrote:
>  > Does anybody know of a program to convert a postscript file into a
> graphical
>  > format file of some kind (TIFF, PICT etc). I'd prefer if it ran on a
>  > Mac, but at my current stage of frustration, any platform will do.

Ghostscript is also available for the Mac. It is an ugly port but it works.
It can be obtained from sumex or mac.archive (use a mirror !).
Ghostscript will read the postscript file and than you can convert
it into a PICT file. Which you can handle in a drawing program.
Photoshop etc can only handle Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) this is not a
normal PostScript file but one that already contains a PICT format image.
Thon de Boer