MIFF to GIF, RGB, PCX, or TIFF

Bhavin Mehta mehta at chargers.ent.ohiou.edu
Tue Mar 1 10:17:07 EST 1994

Does any one know what is a miff format. It is screen capture on the sun
workstations. Can I convert from miff to any of the more general formats
like tiff, gif, rgb, targa or pcx. If any one knows the exact file format
for MIFF I can write a small conversion program to TIFF. Or if any one
out there knows of a program which does this. Is there a public domain
program which can be used on the sun w/s to capture the screen under
x-windows in the tiff, gif, pcx or targa formats?

Bhavin Mehta, Ph.D
Assistant Prof.
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Ohio University