sequence/contig assembly

Tim Littlejohn tim at megasun.BCH.UMontreal.CA
Thu Mar 3 00:01:47 EST 1994

>One of the best (if not the best) sequence assembly software comes in Roger Staden's package.  If you are a research institute, it's around a mere hundred pounds sterlimg, and it is excellent.
>If you have X-windows, its even better.
>It is very simple, though can appear complicated to a non-computer user.
>Unfortunately, I cant find his e-mail address.

Enquiries about obtaining the Staden package can be directed to Roger Staden at:

	rs at

Furthermore, there is a prototype bionet newsgroup dedicated to this
package.  The function of this group is to act as a forum of news and
idea exchange between the users of the package and the developers.  To
subscribe to this group send a mail message to the Internet address:
	biosci-server at

Leave the Subject: line of the message blank and enter the following
line into the body of the mail message:

	subscribe staden-users

This message will be automatically read by our computer and your
e-mail address will be extracted from the mail header and added to the

A repository of informaton on the package can be browsed through Gopher

select the menu item labelled:

	Computational Molecular Biology- programs, documents, help

	Staden Package

If you have any questions about any of this, just send me an email at:

	tim at

Tim Littlejohn

Tim Littlejohn

E-mail:     tim at

Snail Mail: Departement de biochimie        Phone: (514) 343-6111, x5149
            Universite de Montreal          Fax:   (514) 343-2210
            C.P. 6128, succursale A,
            Montreal (Quebec), H3C 3J7