Windows Mosiac Help?

mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu
Thu Mar 3 15:54:30 EST 1994

Since the folks distributing Windows Mosiac version 2 don't seem to be
able to respond to user problems, I hoped that one of the bionauts pushing
WWW could help with what, I assume, must be a fairly common problem.

Mosiac crashes my system faster than anything I've ever experienced.
Makes my head spin and its very frustrating.  Trying to access the Blast
server, for instance, brings an instant crash.  Windows reports errors in
various running applications and then in user.exe.  Removing the
applications doesn't help.  Very large sound files produce a blank screen
and complete hang up.  Everything seems to be set up correctly.  Wnqvt
and Hgopher work fine.  I'm running Trumpet Winsock 1a, latest version.

As far as I can tell, Windows Mosiac is useless.  I can't see or access
anything past a few gopher sites or homepages.

Mike Holloway
mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu