Symphony ---> 123 Converter

Matthias Wjst WJST at GSF.DE
Fri Mar 4 04:24:00 EST 1994

In Article <m0pcIeh-0002RKC at zorzal.edu.ar> "bd4a at zorzal.edu.ar (Diego M.Burrieza  LU 674/90)" says:
> Hi all,
>        I am writing this in behalf of a friend. She has got a disk full
> of files made with Symphony. Her hard drive crashed down two days ago, and
> when she went to re-install the program, she realized that the #*&$^$@# of
> his brother had erased them. She need to use the files urgently and she has
> no way of getting Symphony soon. She has 123, Quattro Pro and Excel. If you
> know about a ShareWare file converter from Symphony format to one of the
> mentioned, I'm sure that she will be very pleased. If you consider
> appropriate to zip and uuencode, you can send it to my Email box.
>       Since now, thank you for your time and good will.
>       I remain, sincerely yours,

There is an ultimative software package for file conversion, called DBMSCOPY.
It is sold by Conceptual Software, Inc., P.O. Box 56627, Houston, TX 77256
(713) 667-4222 or (713) 667-3FAX, however, not free :-(
The following formats are supported (Sept 1990):
wks      lotus     1 a 3 1 1-2-3 (.WKS)
wk1      lotus     1 a 3 1 1-2-3 V2 (.WK1)
dif      dif       1 a 3 1 DIF
xls      excel     1 a 3 1 Excel
slk      sylk      1 a 3 1 Multiplan SYLK Files
wkq      lotus     1 a 3 1 Quattro (.WKQ)
wrk      lotus     1 a 3 1 Symphony V1 (.WRK)
wr1      lotus     1 a 3 1 Symphony V1.1 (.WR1)
dbf      db3sq     1 b 3 1 Alpha IV Database
clarion  clarion   1 b 3 1 Clarion
dbf      db3sq     1 b 3 1 Clipper
dease    dease     1 b 3 0 DataEase (System/Form)
dbm      dease     1 b 3 0 DataEase (Forms Direct) 2.5
dbm4     dease     1 b 3 0 DataEase (Forms Direct) 4.0
dbase2   db3sq     1 b 3 1 dBase II
dbf      db3sq     1 b 3 1 dBase III
dbase4   db3sq     1 b 3 1 dBase IV
dbf      db3sq     1 b 3 1 dBXL
dbf      db3sq     1 b 3 1 FoxBASE
db       paradox2  1 b 3 1 Paradox
dta      pcfile    1 b 3 1 PC-File
pfs      pfs       1 b 1 1 PFS:File
dbs      prodassq  1 b 3 1 PRODAS
rbf      rbase     1 b 3 0 Rbase V
rxd      reflex    1 b 3 1 Reflex
ssd      saspc     1 b 3 1 SAS/PC
smartdb  smartdb   1 b 3 1 Smartware Database
ab6      abstat    1 c 3 1 ABstat (.AB6)
ab8      abstat    1 c 3 1 ABstat (.AB8)
across   across    1 c 2 1 Across
bass     bass      1 c 3 1 Bass
bmdp     bmdp      1 c 3 1 BMDP
css      css       1 c 3 1 CSS
bdf      egret     1 c 3 1 EGRET
rec      epiinfo   1 c 3 1 EpiInfo
gauss    gauss     1 c 3 1 Gauss
glm      glim      1 c 2 1 Glim
mii      msii      1 c 3 1 MicroStat-II
mtw      minitab   1 c 3 1 Minitab
ncss     solo      1 c 3 0 NCSS
dbs      prodassq  1 c 3 1 PRODAS
ssd      saspc     1 c 3 1 SAS/PC
sca      sca       1 c 3 1 SCA
solo     solo      1 c 3 1 Solo
spss     spss      1 c 3 1 SPSS/PC
stata    stata     1 c 3 1 Stata
asf      stsc      1 c 3 1 StatGraphics
statpac  statpac   1 c 3 1 StatPac
stp      statplan  1 c 3 1 StatPlan III
systat   systat    1 c 3 1 SYSTAT
ystat    ystat     1 c 3 1 YStat
datalex  datalex   1 d 1 1 Datalex EntryPoint 90
dcs      act       1 e 1 1 ACT! Activity Files
lcs      act       1 e 1 1 ACT! History Files
4c$      4cast2    1 f 3 0 4CaST/2
autobox  autobox   1 f 2 0 Autobox
autocast 4cast2    1 f 3 0 Autocast
uni      forecast  1 f 3 0 Forecast Pro
probe    probe     1 f 3 0 Probe
rat      rats      1 f 3 0 Rats
sal      soritec   1 f 3 0 Soritec
sasport5 sasport5  1 g 3 1 SAS Transport V5
sasport  sasport   1 g 3 1 SAS Transport V6
sascomp  sasport   1 g 3 1 SAS Transport V6 Compressed
gra      sigmaplo  1 h 3 1 SigmaPlot
jbd      sigmaplo  1 h 3 1 SigmaScan
sygraph  systat    1 h 3 1 SYGRAPH
inform   informix  0 i 3 0 Informix
ingres   ingres    0 i 3 0 Ingres
oracle   oracle    0 i 3 0 Oracle
ascii2   ascii     1 j 3 1 ASCII Character Files
ascii    ascii     1 z 3 1 ASCII
--Regards, Matthias