want software ideas

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 09:42:49 EST 1994

In article <CLw7p5.9y at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> wrp at dayhoff.med.Virginia.EDU writes:
>        The only sophisticated software products on the market that
>cost < $500 sell in the 1,000,000's of units.  Almost any product that
>sells in the 1,000's of units, requires substantial support and
>sophisticated programming sells for > $10,000.

I disagree. Graphit as sold by Sigma and direct from Erithacus Software sells
for roughly $500 on quantities of a maybe 300-400 per year. The author is a
one-man company doing it in his spare time (away from his lectureship). It is
a very sophisticated windows program and is rated very highly.

I have no financial interest in this company.

Duncan
Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
GeneSys Ltd.                        | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at compuserve.com