Windows Mosiac Help?

Harry Menegay hxm8 at
Sat Mar 5 16:17:12 EST 1994

In article <fitz-050394102333 at> fitz at (Carl Fitz) writes:
>From: fitz at (Carl Fitz)
>Subject: Re: Windows Mosiac Help?
>Date: Sat, 05 Mar 1994 10:23:33 -0500

>In article <2l5iq6$la6 at>,
>mhollowa at wrote:

>...descriptions of computer crashing deleted....

>> As far as I can tell, Windows Mosiac is useless.  I can't see or access
>> anything past a few gopher sites or homepages.

>I'm sorry to hear that you're having such problems with Windows Mosaic.  We
>run a mac version of Mosaic which is truly a great tool, without problems.
>Hopefully they will provide Windows fixes in the future, but Mosaic itself
>is a very nice concept and implementation - aside from Windows problems.

This is really a configuration problem, not a windows problem.  I have been
using Mosaic for Windows for a few months.  It reqired only a few minutes to
set up and has run without flaw on my machine.  I don't think the software
needs a re-write. I think that the configuration on that poster's machine had
just not been set correctly.

Harry Menegay
Dept. of Neuroscience, CWRU
hxm8 at