Looking for biology clip art

Rob Harper harper at convex.csc.FI
Tue Mar 8 05:16:27 EST 1994

In <CLwuD8.2B6 at ucc.su.OZ.AU> eip at biox.bio.su.oz.au (Dianne Chambers) writes:

>I am looking for good quality biological images (line art,
>photographs, animations...) available commercially or over
>the net for use in under graduate biology teaching.  If you know of
>any could you please let me know about them and, if possible,
>the approximate price and distributor (or ftp/gopher/WWW site)
>and a comment on the image quality if you have seen them.
>Disc, CD-ROM, laserdisc or over the net, Mac or PC are all
>of interest.

I think you will be impressed by the gopher hole at Harvard
The URL for WWW is gopher://huh.harvard.edu/11/images/

Here is the menu

Gopher Menu

     About this Biology Image Archive
     Search Biology Image Archive
     Full Image Catalog (ASCII)
     Image files
     Frequently Asked Questions about the JPEG image format
     JPEG Image File Viewers

Enjoy -=ROB=-
 R. Andrew Harper                  E-mail:          harper at convex.csc.fi
 Center for Scientific Computing   Molbio/software: harper at nic.funet.fi
 Tietotie 6, P.O. Box 405          Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
 SF-02101 Espoo Finland            Fax:             +358 0 457 2302