Enzyme Kinetics Modelling

Eric R. Hugo E_HUGO at dsu1.dsu.nodak.edu
Tue Mar 8 06:03:49 EST 1994

In article <2ldgs2INNcat at newsstand.cit.cornell.edu> douglas l feinstein <dlfeins at cumc.cornell.edu> writes:
>From: douglas l feinstein <dlfeins at cumc.cornell.edu>
>Subject: Enzyme Kinetics Modelling
>Date: 6 Mar 1994 21:10:26 GMT

>        Is there any Mac (preferrably), or DOS software available to determine
>Km and Vmax values for various enzyme systems? In particular user defined
>systems fairly more complicated than the typical M-M equation. We need to
>model a 2 enzyme, 2 product system in which product 1 is the substrate
>for enzyme 2, and we can measure all substrates and products.

There is a kinetic simulation package called kinsim available from Washington
University School of Medicine.  It was originally developed by Dr. Carl
Frieden's lab (frieden at bcserv.wustl.edu) and has been ported to several
platforms.  Dr. Tom Pollard's lab at Johns Hopkins has ported it to the
Macintosh and there are several PC ports.  You can get it by anonymous ftp
from wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in the /packages/kinsim/ directory.
There is documentation in the form of readme files as well as manuals in the
directory.  Hope this was of some help.
                                                              Eric
e_hugo at dsu1.dsu.nodak.edu\ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | |
Asst. Professor, Biology  \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ |
Dickinson State University  \\ //  \\ //          \\ //  \\ //          \\
Dickinson, ND  58601    |finger eric at bcserv.wustl.edu for public key