Symphony ---> 123 Converter

Johannes Mueller [Biologie] jmueller at
Thu Mar 10 07:34:57 EST 1994

andmp at (David Pickles) writes:
: On 3 Mar 1994 22:26:59 -0000 Diego M.Burrieza  LU 674/90 (bd4a at wrote:
: |> no way of getting Symphony soon. She has 123, Quattro Pro and Excel. If you
: |> know about a ShareWare file converter from Symphony format to one of the
: |> mentioned, I'm sure that she will be very pleased. If you consider
: Well, this should be an easy one... my version of 123 (v2.4) comes with a
: Translate utility (access from the startup menu) which allows
: interconversion between Symphony (v1.0 - 2.2) and 123 amongst others.
Indeed it is even easier. If you invoke that program to convert
Symphony to 123 files, it tells you that ther is no conversion
needed. Up to now I had no problems in using Symphony files with
123. The only thin is to type the whole filename, as 123 does not
look for *.wr1 by default. (BTW, I am working with symphony 2.0 and
123 V 3, rather old versions)

Johannes Mueller