Symphony ---> 123 Converter

Johannes Mueller [Biologie] jmueller at sun.rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Mar 10 07:34:57 EST 1994

andmp at irix.bris.ac.uk (David Pickles) writes:
: On 3 Mar 1994 22:26:59 -0000 Diego M.Burrieza  LU 674/90 (bd4a at zorzal.edu.ar) wrote:
:
: |> no way of getting Symphony soon. She has 123, Quattro Pro and Excel. If you
: |> know about a ShareWare file converter from Symphony format to one of the
: |> mentioned, I'm sure that she will be very pleased. If you consider
:
: Well, this should be an easy one... my version of 123 (v2.4) comes with a
: Translate utility (access from the startup menu) which allows
: interconversion between Symphony (v1.0 - 2.2) and 123 amongst others.
:
Indeed it is even easier. If you invoke that program to convert
Symphony to 123 files, it tells you that ther is no conversion
needed. Up to now I had no problems in using Symphony files with
123. The only thin is to type the whole filename, as 123 does not
look for *.wr1 by default. (BTW, I am working with symphony 2.0 and
123 V 3, rather old versions)

Johannes Mueller