scientific graphing software

carla at carla.endicott.ibm.com carla at carla.endicott.ibm.com
Thu Mar 10 07:39:33 EST 1994

In <Mar.8.12.50.18.1994.2612 at gandalf.rutgers.edu>, schaffnr at gandalf.rutgers.edu (Donald Schaffner) writes:
>> I am looking for a software package that has scientific graphing
>
>I would suggest you take a look at Sigmaplot by Jandel Scientific.  It
>isn't user friendly, but you can eventually make it do (almost) anything.

I would recommend Sigmaplot, too, although I disagree with Don's statement
about being user friendly.  Certainly there are improvements that can be
made, but in general, I think the application is very user friendly.  One
feature that I particularly like is the non-linear curve fitter.  It is
very helpful in fitting models to empirical data.

You may want to wait until they refresh their first Windows version, which
should be soon (of course, I suggest running it under OS/2 ;-) ).

Jeff Perkins, Ph.D.                    perkinsj at vnet.ibm.com
IBM Microelectronics                   perkinsj at endvmtkl (IBM)
Endicott, NY