DNA Strider

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Thu Mar 10 13:12:34 EST 1994

Doug Eernisse (Doug_Ee at um.cc.umich.edu) wrote:
: In article <872530357B at marvin.ag.uidaho.edu>
: phil berger, pberger at MARVIN.AG.UIDAHO.EDU writes:
: >We use DNA Strider (v1.2) frequently as a stand-alone application to get
: >restriction info. or ORF information. This is very convenient for a
: >number of simple tasks esp. when we don't want to bother with GCG.

: I don't know anything about DNA Strider, but you might be able to use the
: free demo of Sequencher (v. 2.1 I think) to handle the restriction and ORF
: stuff.

Are demos for Sequencher and/or DNA strider ftpable from somewhere? I
might have to persuade my boss not to buy a copy of Hitachi's DNA
analysis program (the name of which I've already forgotten :-).

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */