scientific graphing software

harvey at quark.scs.uiuc.edu harvey at quark.scs.uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 13 11:46:25 EST 1994

In article <2lrfas$s47 at crl.crl.com>, soperprs at crl.com (Paul Soper) writes:

Mark Myatt (mark at myatt.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: In article <2ldg27$anr at carina.unm.edu> tmalecki at unm.edu writes:

: >I am looking for a software package that has scientific graphing
: >capabilities (e.g., varied charts and diagram types with labeling options,
: >font variation, size variation, data range varation, etc.). I have looked at
: >Mathematica and it looks promising, yet, being familiar with QuatroPro,
: >Mathematica's graphing capabilities fall far short of those of Quatro Pro's.

: Have a look at Stanford Graphics.

: --

: Best wishes,

: Mark Myatt

: --------------------------------------------------------------------------
: Voice : 071 274 7849 * Fax : 071 274 7849 * EMail : mark at myatt.demon.co.uk

You might also take a look at xmgr which can be ftp'd from ftp.ccalmr.ogi.edu.
This is alpha software but I have found it to be mostly bug free and very
powerful (in the same league as sigmaplot). Xmgr has a motif interface and
a html help system. Hope this helps.

--John
--
					   JJJJJ OOOOO H   H N   N