scientific graphing software

harvey at harvey at
Sun Mar 13 11:46:25 EST 1994

In article <2lrfas$s47 at>, soperprs at (Paul Soper) writes:

Mark Myatt (mark at wrote:
: In article <2ldg27$anr at> tmalecki at writes:

: >I am looking for a software package that has scientific graphing
: >capabilities (e.g., varied charts and diagram types with labeling options,
: >font variation, size variation, data range varation, etc.). I have looked at
: >Mathematica and it looks promising, yet, being familiar with QuatroPro,
: >Mathematica's graphing capabilities fall far short of those of Quatro Pro's.

: Have a look at Stanford Graphics.

: --

: Best wishes,

: Mark Myatt

: --------------------------------------------------------------------------
: Voice : 071 274 7849 * Fax : 071 274 7849 * EMail : mark at
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might also take a look at xmgr which can be ftp'd from
This is alpha software but I have found it to be mostly bug free and very
powerful (in the same league as sigmaplot). Xmgr has a motif interface and
a html help system. Hope this helps.

					   JJJJJ OOOOO H   H N   N
					     J   O   O H___H NN  N
					     J   O   O H   H N N N
    ATTGCA   AATA   GGCC   TTAGC          JJJJ   OOOOO H   H N  NN
          A T    G C    C C
           G      C      A		         John Harvey
          T A    C G    G G		    University of Illinois
    TAACGA   TTAT   CCGG   AATCG          Department of Biochemistry
                                          harvey at