Acidic-Basic aa's in proteins

Tony Kwan kwan at medcor.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 14 18:46:39 EST 1994

I'm looking for a program on the Mac that will be able to do the following:

We would like to align a number of homologus transmembrane proteins and
determine if there are residues in certain regions which are conserved in
terms of acidity and basicity i.e. we would like to be able to tell if a
certain charge or acidity/basicity is conserved for specific residues or
regions in the protein.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

--
Tony Kwan
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University
kwan at medcor.mcgill.ca