PAUP on Power Macintosh

David R. Maddison dmaddsn at ccit.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 16 12:03:33 EST 1994

In article <scott.763826959 at phylo>, scott at phylo.life.uiuc.edu (Scott
Howard) wrote:

> The recompile work on a large project should take a week to re-do
> if the port is from THINK C to CodeWarrior. MPW is a quite a bit more
> involved, as quite a few of the header typecasts are different.

The Mac version of PAUP is in THINK C; however, the port may be even
easier as Symantec has announced version 7.0 of their compiler, with
a cross development kit that allows production of PowerPC code (While
the press release suggests this cross development kit is available,
it is still considered "pre-release").

Whether with CodeWarrior or Think C, I think that Swofford will
produce a PowerMac version (and I would bet it would arrive before
the UNIX version is ready to be released).

--
David Maddison
University of Arizona        dmaddsn at ccit.arizona.edu