MALIGNED

bionet at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr bionet at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
Mon Mar 21 13:05:24 EST 1994

>Now, my next question. I would like to generate a consensus sequence from my
>favorite virus in order to use as a query sequence that might be more useful
>than any single sequence. I use Macs and VMS. I would like to use GCG to align
> several protein sequences (>100) in
>order to create a consensus sequence. The problem is that a lot of the
>sequences are only partial. I tried to use PILEUP, but it did not handle
>the sequences with internal overlap well. ie:

Since you are running VMS, I would recommend using MALIGNED which is a
multiple alignment editor for VT100's like LINEUP, but which can handle
hundreds of sequences. Easy and powerful. Available from the EMBL server.

Jean-Loup

  Jean-Loup Risler                      Tel:  (33 1) 69 82 31 34
  CNRS		                        Fax:  (33 1) 69 07 49 73
  Centre de Genetique Moleculaire	Email: risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
  91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  France