Chemical Drawing Package for Windows

Jonathan Brecher brecher at terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu
Wed Mar 23 09:17:14 EST 1994

In article <1994Mar22.153415.454 at chmeds.ac.nz>,  <molpath at chmeds.ac.nz> wrote:

>Does anyone know if a good chemical drawing package exists for the Windows
>environment? I have seen ChemDraw. Does anyone have any experience with this
>package-is it worth the NZ$1495 asking price? Are there any shareware programs
>out there which could do similar things?

Dear Dr. Fellowes:

I work for Cambridge Scientific Computing, and I can assure you that ChemDraw
is NOT worth NZ$1495.  It is, however, a steal at NZ$795, which is its
current price through our New Zealand distributor.  CS ChemDraw Pro is also
a bargain at its asking price of NZ$1495.  CS ChemDraw Pro offers several
features beyond those of CS ChemDraw, including the support for color,
user-definable templates, and the ability to interpret additional file
formats including (but not restricted to) MDL MOLFile and SMILES.

If the Canterbury Health Laboratories are part of an educational institution
(some hospitals are; some aren't), you would be eligible for even steeper
discounts.

You could contact our New Zealand distributor at:

Hoare Research Software
P.O. Box 4153
Hamilton East
New Zealand