Looking for a good Unix Editor

Soumit K. Basu sbasu at nye.wbme.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 24 00:14:17 EST 1994

I personally prefer JOVE -- _J_onathan's _O_wn _V_ersion of _E_macs, a very
nice distillation and condensation of Emacs by Jonathan Payne.  It has
provided for everything that I at least could want in a text editor, and
retained the full emacs flavour as well.  I prefer JOVE simply because if I'd
wanted a Lisp interpreter, for example, I'd use a Lisp interpreter -- IMHO
Emacs has a bit too much for my taste.  I liked JOVE so much that I even have
it on my PC running under DOS (yes, you can actually do that!).  You should
find JOVE available on most of the major public domain sowftware archive
sites such as wuarchive.wustl.edu.  Hope this helps...
--
Soumit K. Basu			| "Never send to know for whom the bell tolls--
Dept. of Biomedical Engineering	|  it tolls for me damn it."