mac drawing (mixed text and boxes problem)

Chris Porter cporter at indy.gdb.org
Wed Mar 23 13:08:14 EST 1994

[I don't know who wrote this because I don't have the original yet...]

>> Having used Mac Draw II, Mac Draw Pro, Claris Works (versions 1&2)
>> Claris Impact and Cricket Draw (version 2), all these programs seem to
>> give the same result, i.e. that a drawn object aligned with some
>> characters on the screen does not print in the same relative position,

I've often found that when using MacDraw, doing the allignments at a
higher magnification (800 or 1600%) means the printed result more precisely
matches what is seen on screen (at the high resolution). Some things
seem to be shifted to some degree when viewing at 100%, so it may look
wrong when you're viewing the full page. I don't know whether this will
work with your problem, but it may be worth a try...

Chris