Mac Biological Education software

Brian Foley brianf at med.uvm.edu
Thu Mar 24 09:42:07 EST 1994

I am a PhD student in molecular genetics at the University of Vermont.
I am developing teaching software for university level genetics and
biology. This includes writing a bit of my own software as well as
scanning the market for software that is already
out, so that I don't waste time reinventing the same tools that
someone else has already produced. Below is a list of places
I have found interesting software and information.
Please add to this list:

Intellimation			library of higher education
Department 2SCH			software for the Macintosh
PO Box 219
Santa Barbara, CA 93116
1-800-346-8355

Quality Computers		Software and hardware
20200 Nine Mile Road		including educational software.
St. Clair Shores, MI 48080
1-800-777-3642

MacSciTech			MacSciTech Users Assosiation
49 Midgley Lane			pulishes a journal and operates
Worcester, MA 01604-9956	an FTP site for software.
1-508-755-5242			Has a panel of experts to help
AppleLink: macscitech		members use Macs in science and
Internet: scitechmac at aol.com	technology.
America On Line: scitechmac

Europa Scientific Software Corp.	Sales and support for scientific
14 Clinton Drive			software. Mostly high-end (more
Hollis, NH 03049-6595			expensive) software.
1-800-522-4440

NewMedia			Magazine of multimedia
PO Box 1771			in education and other fields.
Riverton, NJ 08077-7331		Free subsciption to qualified
1-609-764-1846			professionals.

Syllabus			Magazine for use of Apple/Mac in
PO Box 2716			higher education.
Sunnyvale, CA 94087-0716
1-408-773-0670
AplleLink: SYLLABUS
Internet: syllabus at applelink.com

Apple Higher Education Gopher		Need Internet access and GOPHER
info.hed.apple.com			client to use this database/
					information server.