Mac Biological Education software

Brian Foley brianf at
Thu Mar 24 09:42:07 EST 1994

I am a PhD student in molecular genetics at the University of Vermont.
I am developing teaching software for university level genetics and
biology. This includes writing a bit of my own software as well as
scanning the market for software that is already
out, so that I don't waste time reinventing the same tools that
someone else has already produced. Below is a list of places
I have found interesting software and information.
Please add to this list:

Intellimation			library of higher education
Department 2SCH			software for the Macintosh
PO Box 219
Santa Barbara, CA 93116

Quality Computers		Software and hardware
20200 Nine Mile Road		including educational software.
St. Clair Shores, MI 48080

MacSciTech			MacSciTech Users Assosiation
49 Midgley Lane			pulishes a journal and operates
Worcester, MA 01604-9956	an FTP site for software.
1-508-755-5242			Has a panel of experts to help
AppleLink: macscitech		members use Macs in science and
Internet: scitechmac at	technology.
America On Line: scitechmac

Europa Scientific Software Corp.	Sales and support for scientific
14 Clinton Drive			software. Mostly high-end (more
Hollis, NH 03049-6595			expensive) software.

NewMedia			Magazine of multimedia
PO Box 1771			in education and other fields.
Riverton, NJ 08077-7331		Free subsciption to qualified
1-609-764-1846			professionals.

Syllabus			Magazine for use of Apple/Mac in
PO Box 2716			higher education.
Sunnyvale, CA 94087-0716
Internet: syllabus at

Apple Higher Education Gopher		Need Internet access and GOPHER			client to use this database/
					information server.