GeneJockeyII

Dr. P.L. Taylor ptaylor at crc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 25 04:31:26 EST 1994

Cornelius Krasel (krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de) wrote:

>Dr. P.L. Taylor (ptaylor at crc.ac.uk) wrote:
>(about GeneJockey)
>
>: The demo on Heidelberg.de is VERY out of date.  Please call one of the above
>: numbers for a free demo (2x HD disks).
>
>Is it possible to deposit a more recent version there? I like the idea to
>get demo programs by anonymous ftp.

GeneJockeyII demo is now available from s-ind2.dl.ac.uk, in directory
pub/software/mac, and will shortly be in ftp.embl-heidelberg.de too.

GeneJockeyII is a general-purpose DNA and Protein sequence handling and
analysis program for the Apple Macintosh.  I can't tell you more about it
here as that might be construed as advertising, and would invoke the curse
of Kristofferson.  If you wish to download the demo, which is quite large,
be aware that -

It requires a Mac with ColorQuickdraw in ROM, 4Mb of memory and system 7.
It will NOT run on the following machines, which lack ColorQuickdraw:

Mac plus (or earlier)
SE (SE30 is OK)
Mac Portable
PowerBook 100