GDE for IBM?

Gerard R. Lazo grl6732 at rigel.tamu.edu
Fri Mar 25 12:15:00 EST 1994

In article <royh.1114907307A at usenet.rpi.edu>, royh at rpi.edu (Harry Roy) writes...
>We have GDE that runs on Sun workstations. Has anybody ported this to IBM
>workstations?

There may be a port of GDE available to run under Linux 1.0. I tried
looking for it once, but didn't run across a version specifically ported
to Linux (I believe there was one available). Steven Smith may be able to
help you with the latest version (smith at bioimage.millipore.com). Linux
is a Unix operating environment for 386's and higher PCs. Several molecular
biology programs can be ported to Linux using GNU compilers and libraries.
I highly recommend you check out Linux, you may be pleasantly surprised.
                                              /
Gerard R. Lazo                   . %.        (=)   GLAZO at tamsun.tamu.edu
USDA-ARS                        (.(  .)       /     Off: 409-260-9533
Southern Crops Research Lab.   ( ( .) .) ->  (=)     Lab: 409-260-9522
Route 5, Box 805                %_( ._)       /       Fax: 409-260-9333
College Station, TX 77845        //\|        (=)