Microsoft Word -> PICT

Antonio Guia guia at CC.UManitoba.CA
Sat Mar 26 04:29:36 EST 1994

On 25 Mar 1994, Helge Weissig wrote:
>         what is a good method (actually "one" would be a big advance
> already) to convert a Microsoft Word document (e.g. a table) to a PICT
> format (or TIFF, doesn't matter). Saving the file as "Interchange Format
> (RTF)" makes it recognizable for Canvas, but that little s**** comes back
> with "Not a valid PostScript format".

Would that be Word-for-Windows?   If so, then select a postscript printer,
and instead of printing to a real printer, print to a postscript file.
You can then import that file to any program which can read poscript files.

If it's Word-for-DOS then it gets a little more complicated:
If your graphics package is capable of reading PCL language, then print to
an HP Lazerjet printer but direct to file.  If worse comes to worse, and
all you need is a raster file (.tif or .pcx format) then you can get any
print-capture program available (such as DOS fax grabbers).

> I even tried screen shots, but that is a lot of work, and you have to

pretty bad resolution.