RE. Winsock.dll

Eric R. Hugo E_HUGO at dsu1.dsu.nodak.edu
Mon Mar 28 07:10:56 EST 1994

In article <2D95DB61 at adminbldg.lan1.umanitoba.ca> KRAMACHAND at bldgwall.lan1.umanitoba.ca writes:
>From: KRAMACHAND at bldgwall.lan1.umanitoba.ca
>Subject: RE. Winsock.dll
>Date: 27 Mar 1994 09:15:50 -0800

>Hi Bionetters,

>Could someone please let me know where I can find a recent version of
>winsock.

Dear Karthi. and other interested bionetters,
 Sorry to post this but my email mssg bounced for some reason.
Winsock.dll is a dynamic link library that allows Windows programs to access
the internet via network software on your PC.  Each nework package has its OWN
winsock.dll to provide this common interface.  In order to use winsock
compatible software you will need to get the winsock.dll fro your specific
vendor or use the shareware winsock.dll from Peter Tattam that uses public
domain network packet drivers.  Vendors that I am aware of that have
winsock.dlls are:
Beame and Whiteside (BWTCP)
FTP Software
Novell (Lan Workplace 4.11)
Netmanage Chameleon
Peter Tattam's Trumpet Winsock
Peter's package is available by anonymous ftp from biochemistry.bioc.cwru.edu.
You might also check the following newsgroups for info:
comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc
alt.winsock
comp.os.ms-windows.setup
I hope that this was of some help
                                                             Eric

e_hugo at dsu1.dsu.nodak.edu\ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | |
Asst. Professor, Biology  \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ |
Dickinson State University  \\ //  \\ //          \\ //  \\ //          \\
Dickinson, ND  58601    |finger eric at bcserv.wustl.edu for public key