Papyrus vs Notebook?

Garry Myers garry at menzies.su.edu.au
Thu Mar 31 23:32:16 EST 1994

>> Has anyone out there had experience with both NoteBook
>> and Papyrus and care to contrast them?  If Papyrus' features seem compelling
>> by comparison to NoteBook's, then another question for me is conversion.
>> How are Papyrus' import features?  NoteBook's export capability is
>> generously flexible, and so I suspect I could do whatever was necessary.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any input.
>>
>> David Harry                       Institute of Forest Genetics
>> deh at s27w007.pswfs.gov             USDA Forest Service, Pacific SW Station
>> Phone:  510/559-6439              PO Box 245
>> FAX:    510/559-6499              Berkeley, CA 94701
>>
>  Hi David,
>
>  Not having used Notebook, I can't help you in comparing the two

	Nonetheless, here are some reviews which may help resolve the first
question.

Cheers,

Garry.

garry at menzies.su.edu.au

From: jmasters at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Jeffrey N Masters), 19 Feb 1993

I got three recent reviews of bibliographic software for both the Mac and PC. If interested check
out the following:

	Neal, Paul R.  Personal bibliographic software programs - a
	comparative review.  BioScience 43(1):44-51, January 1993.
	(Compares Bibliophile 2.0, BiblioStax, Citation 2.0, EndNote
 	Plus, Get-A-Ref 3.0, nb Citation 2.0 (aka Notebook II Plus),
	Papyrus 7.0, Pro-Cite 2.0, Ref-11 3.1, Reference Manager 5
	RefMenu 4.0, wp Citation)

	Hoke, Franklin.  Bibliography-building software eases a 'cruel' task.
	The Scientist 7(1):18-19, January 11, 1993.
	(EndNote Plus, Pro-Cite, Reference Manager, Papyrus)

	Stigleman, S. Database, Feb, 1993 (I don't know the page numbers yet)