Harry Mangalam mangalam at
Fri May 6 14:03:48 EST 1994

In article <CpAAs5.GBy at>, derasm at (M
Deras) wrote:

> Howdy all,
> I recently found the statistics program Gnuplot on
>, and was wondering if anyone
> had experience using this program for plotting
> biological data. As an example, kinetic data, acquired
> on a spectrophotometer can be transfered as an ASCII
> text file (From a Varian CARY 3) and imported into
> spreadsheets, etc. Could I open this data with Gnuplot?
> This is probably obvious to anyone with more experience
> than I have, so hopefully somebody out there could
> mail me at derasm at
> Thanks in advance!
> mike.
see the FAQ for GNUplot available by ftp (with scads of other FAQs) from
the aply named (currently BLOOM-PICAYUNE.MIT.EDU;
Since I happen to have a recent version, I'll mail it to those who ask, but
rtfm  (a national treasure) should be consulted first.

Harry Mangalam, VCO/Micro+Mol Genetics, Irvine Hall, College of Medicine,
UC Irvine, Irvine, CA, 92717, Vox:(714) 856-4824, Fax:(714) 725-2118,
mangalam at

There's no better glory, when it all gets harried, to be laughing in the
midst of it all.   --- Doug and the Slugs ---