databases search - protein size

bionet at bionet at
Fri May 6 10:43:33 EST 1994

>I'm trying to find a way of searching databases for proteins (ideally from
>E.Coli) with a mass in a given range (say between 10 and 18 kDa).

ATLAS will do exactly this.

Get the CD-ROM from PIR. The program ATLAS runs on VAX/VMS, VAX/ULTRIX,
Sun, SGI, Mac, and PC.

Use the command SELECT which, at the moment, is not documented...

ATLAS> select
       Expression: MW
       Range: 100000-180000

You get the answer in a matter of seconds.

Good luck,

  Jean-Loup Risler                      Tel:  (33 1) 69 82 31 34
  CNRS		                        Fax:  (33 1) 69 07 49 73
  Centre de Genetique Moleculaire	Email: risler at
  91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  France