News Reader

Mark Israel misrael at
Sat May 14 18:23:50 EST 1994

In article <2DD505CB at>, Karthikeyen Ramachandran <KRAMACHAND at> writes:

> The NNTP host of my university does not subscribe to some news groups of
> interest to me. Is it possible for me to connect to other NNTP servers

   Yes, it's possible.  But it's not your only alternative, and none of
the available servers are geographically close to you.

   Other alternatives:  You can read news through gopher.  You can get
an account on one of the Freenets (such as here in
Ottawa), or on .

> and if yes, can someone please let me know how can I find the names of
> such servers.

   Look for the article titled "Updated Internet Services List", which is
periodically posted to, news.answers, and several
other newsgroups.  It says you should type:

	finger lesikar at

to get an NNTP Server List.

misrael at			Mark Israel