Any Mac Programs for protein visualization ?

David S. Gottfried gottfrie at
Mon May 23 07:39:13 EST 1994

In article <143A1F17EA5F200E54 at vxircm.IRCM.UMontreal.CA>
RHEAUME at IRCM.UMontreal.CA writes:

> I would like to know if there is any Macintosh programs available for protein modeling and/or visualization that can use PDB data as input file ? Of course, I would be interested to get the cheepest as well as the best !...
> Thanks to any of you who may help me !

There is a program called KINEMAGE which is currently being used in
conjunction with the journal "Protein Science" to display and
manipulate protein images for articles published in the journal.  A
separate program PREKIN generates the data files for the viewer from a
standard PDB format file.

These programs are free and can be obtained from ftp (,
gopher ( 1071), or WWW Mosaic

David S. Gottfried
Physiology and Biophysics
Albert Einstein College of Medicine