Any Mac Programs for protein visualization ?

Phillip D. Russell flip at
Thu May 26 08:57:44 EST 1994

In article <2816 at>, gottfrie at (David S.
Gottfried) wrote:

> In article <143A1F17EA5F200E54 at vxircm.IRCM.UMontreal.CA>
> RHEAUME at IRCM.UMontreal.CA writes:
> > I would like to know if there is any Macintosh programs available for protein modeling and/or visualization that can use PDB data as input file ? Of course, I would be interested to get the cheepest as well as the best !...
> > Thanks to any of you who may help me !
> There is a program called KINEMAGE which is currently being used in
> conjunction with the journal "Protein Science" to display and
> manipulate protein images for articles published in the journal.  A
> separate program PREKIN generates the data files for the viewer from a
> standard PDB format file.
> These programs are free and can be obtained from ftp (,
> gopher ( 1071), or WWW Mosaic
> (//

MACINPLOT reads pdb files and draws the structure in any form you
may want. MacInPlot will also output PICTs and QuickTime movies
of the structure.

MacInPlot can be anonymously FTPed from sgro at
or downloaded from

         __@    Phillip "Flip" Russell  | Purdue University      __@
  _ -_,_-\<,_   flip at | West Lafayette, IN  _ -\<,_
 (_)-----/-(_)           The important things...             (_)-/-(_)
                        My bikes and my Macintosh