Free Protein Visualization Software for SGI or Sun?

Steven Brenner seb1005 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 25 20:49:06 EST 1994

One program you may wish to have a look at is RasMol, which I think
runs on both Suns and SGIs (and other platforms too) using either 8-
or 24-bit color.  It is not terribly flexible, but seems to be
improved on a regular basis, and is very fast even over a remote X
connection.  In addition to a very easy to use graphical-button
interface, it has a more powerful command line control as well.

RasMol is available from colonsay.dcs.ed.ac.uk in the directory
/export/rasmol.  In addition, I have put the HTML documentation (which
comes with the software) on http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/doc/rasmol.html

Steven E. Brenner                    | S.E.Brenner at bioc.cam.ac.uk
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology  | Lab:   +44 223 402221
Hills Road                           | Fax:   +44 223 213556
Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK                | Cambridge Biochem Lab: +44 223 333671