software for Solvent Accessible Surface of Proteins

Mark Israel misrael at
Sat Nov 12 09:30:06 EST 1994

In article <39u5ka$bej at>, pxc at (Paolo Catasti) writes:

> Is there anybody who has or knows the site to have access to public software
> for Solvent Accessible Surface of Proteins?

   A search of the archives at turned up the following:

Newsgroups: bionet.xtallography
From: at (Dave Love)
Date: 10 Aug 93 10:55:56 GMT

The CCP4 suite (ftp to also has technology for solvent

Subject: Re: Wanted : GRASP - Molecular Surfaces
From: dalke at (Andrew Dalke)
Date: 22 Jul 1994 00:01:35 GMT

In <9855 at>, pjg1 at (P.J.Gane) writes:

> I'm looking for the Molecular Surface Display program GRASP.

  I suggest anonymous ftp to in the directory
/grasp.  However, there is no public domain version of grasp.  There
is a very stunted demo version, which you can use to play around with
a few structures.  Read the README in that directory for more