Mac or PC ?

Phillip D. Russell flip at
Tue Nov 22 13:22:01 EST 1994

In article <3aq55b$qs5 at>, tjrc1 at (Tim
Cutts) wrote:

> dehais at (Patrice DEHAIS) writes:
> >It s just for an opinion poll.
> >I work in a laboratory specialized in genetics. We have to change all
> >our old personal computers (old PC running DOS) and buy new machines.
> >Now with Windows, the two environments are both user friendly. But
> >today, is there more good useful software in genetics for PC/Windows or
> >for Mac ? And what about tomorrow ?
> We are unfortunately at a crossroads, and I do not envy your position.
> In general, I think there are probably more science-oriented programs
> for the PC, mostly because of its superiority as a data collection
> tool (there are lots of hardware addons for PCs for real-time data
> collection, which are not really available for Macs).  This only has
> an indirect effect on biological studies, since such measurements are
> not often made in our fields.

I take it you've never heard of LabVIEW!

The biology dept here does a LOT of real-time
data collection with Macs and LabVIEW.

         __@    Phillip "Flip" Russell  | Purdue University      __@
  _ -_,_-\<,_flip at | West Lafayette, IN  _ -\<,_
 (_)-----/-(_)           The important things...             (_)-/-(_)
                        My bikes and my Macintosh